The latest US State Department travel warnings do not include Mazatlan. In fact, Sinaloa is only peripherally mentioned, along with Baja California Norte, as experiencing elevated levels of homicides, robberies and carjackings. The states of Nuevo Leon, Coahuila and Durango are the only Mexican states that have tourist travel warnings. And in fact, the State Department says that the major resort destinations such as Cancun, Merida, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Guadalajara, Miguel Aleman, Mexico City and Oaxaca are perfectly safe to visit. During my brief sojourn along Stone Island’s beach the other day, I saw two separate armed patrols and others report that the police presence in downtown is visible and on alert. Our security has definitely been stepped up. But I have to admit, I did lock my door the other day. Better safe than sorry, I guess.
- Jack gilman on Yoga
- Donna on COVID Testing Sites in Mazatlán
- karenlewis02 on Meet Jesus Francisco
- glom47 on Going Batty?
- krisvadale on CNN Breaking News
- krisvadale on Going Batty?
- Jan on Going Batty?
- krisvadale on From the Staff at Las Lagunitas
- Jan Simon on From the Staff at Las Lagunitas
- blue1790 on From the Staff at Las Lagunitas
Search La Lagunita Posts