The other night when we came back across the shipping channel in the water taxi, the red tide had flowed in and was creating a cool phosphorescence in the boat wake. Sometimes, when the little animals (dinoflagellates) that are red tide get disturbed, it causes them to fluoresce. This is called “bioluminescence”. Here is a cool video of what bioluminescence looks like in breaking waves; something we were able to see at the bonfire before last. I was researching this phenomenon and came across another article written a while ago about a red tide episode that occurred in 1996. It is a very good treatise and is in English. This is the link.
- Anne steck on Phase I Agenda – List of 2021 Landscaping Projects
- Jan Brown on Yoga
- Jack gilman on Yoga
- Donna on COVID Testing Sites in Mazatlán
- karenlewis02 on Meet Jesus Francisco
- glom47 on Going Batty?
- RICHARD NEWTON on Phase I Agenda Item #4 – EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION
- krisvadale on CNN Breaking News
- krisvadale on Going Batty?
- Jan on Going Batty?
Search La Lagunita Posts