2021 Landscaping Committee Report

The Landscaping Committee is happy to present the 2021 Annual General Meeting Landscaping Committee Report. The report shows landscaping accomplishments and updates for proposed beautification. Click on the link below to view the slide show. Please review the presentation at your leisure. If you have questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact the webMaster. Your comments are appreciated, will be carefully considered by the landscape committee, and will be incorporated into a series of informational blog posts we can all read.

We are getting a head start on discussion because we will not be meeting face to face this year for the AGM and there are a number of items we like you to consider. Please click on the link below or go to the Landscaping Committee blog page on the Home page of Las Lagunitas. We look forward to your comments.

This entry was posted in HOA. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to 2021 Landscaping Committee Report

1. Cliff du Fresne says:

Lots of work – for that the Committee should be commended.
    Not a big fan of river rock to cover bare spots, especially when the rocks are all different sizes. Instead of looking like a landscape feature, they end up looking like a rock dump.
    I actually like the overgrown look, like Phase 2, so I am very concerned that the pruning of some of our trees will destroy the mature look.
    There were several mentions of work not being done or not being done right. Do we have a bigger problem concerning communication, understanding or lack of management oversight?

• krisvadale says:

It’s probably both. I communicated in writing and in Spanish what I expected to be done over the summer. Almost nothing was done until I arrived. I still don’t know who actually tells the gardeners what to do on a daily basis. When I am in residence, I can sway things a bit. But for example, I wanted to get the freeway flowers cut down so we could see where we we are in building the wall. I have been here a month and so far, no progress. I agree with the rock observation. I requested uniform small rock but this is what we got. Phase 2 got the same thing. As far as the mature look for trees, the phase 2 gardeners have been busy all week cutting back and in some cases removing their large trees. I can only guess they have the same concerns I do about excessive shade and sidewalk damage. Thank you so much for kicking off the discussion phase of this process

2. Dale says:

Thanks Kris & your committee for the huge effort you have put into the landscaping around ph. 1

3. Jack gilman says:

What a beautiful time consuming effort you and your team have done. Very well done Kris. Hopefully EDM management will see this and continue to do their beautification projects especially around the construction entrance. Thank you again

4. Andy Brown says:

I like the look however the ground cover has created a large problem in that it has provided a home for loads of “ratones” mice and snakes. Many of the ground floor units have been infested with mice this summer and I suspect when more people return, more will find they have been too. I suggest that it be removed and come up with a better solution, yes it looks nice but I don’t think anyone wants to have mice and then the need for mouse traps all over the place to get rid of them.

• glom47 says:

I agree with Andy re: the ground cover. I have witnessed rodents dashing into the ground cover on several occasions. I would add that leaving the trash can lids open as I have also witnessed invites vermin. That is why we bought trash containers with lids in the first place.

5. tkaasa says:

Thanks, Kris. Looks terrific! T

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 6:51 AM Las Lagunitas eBulletin Board wrote:

> krisvadale posted: ” The Landscaping Committee is happy to present the > 2021 Annual General Meeting Landscaping Committee Report. The report shows > landscaping accomplishments and updates for proposed beautification. Click > on the link below to view the slide show. Please revie” >

Comments are closed.